Buggy text-input behaviuor for the url-adress-field no N800 browser

Hi,

I really like my N800, the only issue I find _really_ annoying is that
the text-input for the url-adress-bar using the virtual keyboard seems
to be rather buggy.

Often when I "click" into the adress-bar, the virtual keyboard appears
shortly, just to hide again immediatly.
Sometimes it stops, sometimes I have to close the browser to be able
to enter another URL using the virtual keyboard.

Have others experienced that issue too? Is there really no fix
available for such a easy-to-fix and yet rather annoying problem?

Thank you in advance, Clemens

PS: Its a pitty the internet-tablets don't support java. Java-SE would
add ~30mb to flash, but it finally would make the N900 an interesting
commercial development platform.
Unlike Apple's iphone, you have to re-compile your application for
each OS version, in addition to the quite strange libraries used
(GTKK+ for its interface) this makes the tabletts quite unintersting
as a platform someone wants to invest in.