Re: N900 - Problems with builtin apps

Am Donnerstag, den 10.12.2009, 12:19 -0800 schrieb Tim Ashman:
> > > 3. Email Username/Password warning. - In setting up the n900 I was
> > > reading the manual or quick start guide and came across a note about how
> > > my username's and passwords WOULD not might but would be sent to nokia
> >
> > I don't get that sentence.
>
> I don't entirely remember where I saw this.  I will look in my documentation
> tonight, but it seemed like for every email account you setup nokia was going
> to get your username and password,  almost like they had setup a proxy within
> modest instead of direct access.

Hmm. When creating a new email account, I get a
"Your operator and country code information are sent to Nokia to check
service availability. Nokia will not process or store any personal
identifiable information without your consent." as the first screen.

Don't know about using Nokia Messaging Service though.

andre

--
Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)