Re: N900 - Problems with builtin apps

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 10.12.2009, 07:18 -0800 schrieb Tim Ashman:
> 1.  Web URL Bar - It isn't.  It is a google search bar.

What is this, and how can I get it?

> 2. Email - Modest doesn't have enough delete message options for my liking.

> 3. Email Username/Password warning. - In setting up the n900 I was reading the
> manual or quick start guide and came across a note about how my username's
> and passwords WOULD not might but would be sent to nokia

I don't get that sentence.

> , however they would never use them for anything.  Why is this?

Doesn't this only refer to Nokia Messaging Service as per the message
displayed, which is a Push service so it's needed for that special case?

> 5. Maps - Don't even get me started.

Means?

> 6. Application List. - On the N810 and below I was able to take all of the
> nokia apps that I would never use put then in the lowest menu option and
> forget about them.  Not as good as being able to uninstall but It was ok.  On
> the N900 I haven't figured out how to rearrange the app menu.

You cannot - there is a report about that in bugs.maemo.org...

> That is all for now, but I will say if atleast some of these are not changable
> the N900 will be my last nokia device.  I've watched this device go from a
> fun, hobbiest piece of hardware to a entrapment for making money.  I'd rather
> do without.

Uh, where is that entrapment located?

andre

--