Re: bluetooth keyboards and N900

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Gary <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> what profile does Apple's BT keyboard use? I have a Nokia SU-8W that I
> bought when it came out but am surprised to hear that they're
> expensive. Are they no longer manufactured?
>
> -Gary

I'm not certain about the profile (it seems to be HID), but many
people have reported that the Apple BT keyboards work out of the box
with the tablets, at least the N8x0s. N770s apparently require more
effort (see http://test.maemo.org/maemowiki/HowTo_SetupKeyboard).
Bonus: they work with Windows, too!

The Nokia SU-8W probably has been discontinued. You can still find
them online (see http://tinyurl.com/y93umcf), but not through Nokia's
online store. The demand for and availability of folding keyboards
seems to be waning.

Mark