Re: N900 Users

Marius Gedminas schrieb:
> A 3G SIM card with unlimited data enhances the experience considerably.
> E.g. without it the GPS is mostly useless.  Also, being always online is a
> new way of looking at things that unlocks the full potential of Internet
> Tablets.  I first experienced it at CERN, which had WiFi everywhere.

What do you mean by "mostly useless"? Is it already useless for you if
it takes about 10 seconds to get a fix?

In Germany, there are some providers that send coordinates of the base
stations in their cell info (at least they did some time ago), so
theoretically this could be used to improve position services.
Unfortunately, this part is closed-source, isn't it?

Kind regards,
Christian