Re: USB Connection Internal Disk In Use Problem

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 13:31 +0200, ext Peter Bart wrote:
> Good Morning All,
> 	I'm starting to use Back In Time to backup my n810 to my notebook,
> which then in turn gets backed up to an external hard drive. The problem
> comes in because sometimes the internal memory card is in use. I'm

I'm assuming you are using the USB mass storage mode of N810 for making
the backups.

> connecting via USB to the notebook. Of course I have a swap partition on
> the internal card, but also my Claws mail folders. The former is

ke-recv should disable swap when you plug in the USB cable if there is
enough free RAM to do that without crashing the whole system.

> excluded from the backup, but I would like to include the latter in my
> daily backup. I'm assuming that; even though I close out all programs
> from their menu's; swap is in use. Thereby preventing the internal card
> from mounting. Is there an easy way to unmount the internal card? I'm

Is the problem only the swap file, ie. it works if you don't have
swapping enabled?

-Kimmo