Some buttons not working properly on N800

Helo Community,

I've just bought a brand new nokia n800 tablet. It comes loaded with a
old version of Maemo so I followed the instructions on
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware . I updated to the
latest version, RX-34_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin using
flasher-3.0.

Everything worked just fine, the device rebooted. The problem happens
when I single click the power button, the device mode menu appears and
choose 'Lock touch screen and keys'. The screen is locked and I just
can't unlock. When I click the power button again, a message asking me
to press the central button appears. I click it, but the device
doesn't unlock. The button seems to work with other applications, but
it isn't something reliable, sometimes it doesn't work. The same can
be said about all the other buttons, including the directional
buttons, the return, menu and home buttons.

Is it a hardware problem or by any chance is it related with software?