Re: N900/Maemo 5 review

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 10:23 -0700, Kevin T. Neely wrote:
> I don't understand why that's such a big deal.  all hardware gets
> tossed aside eventually.  Mobile just happens more often than others
> because the development space is so fast.
>
> If you want something that you can keep around for a while, get a big
> desktop.  That probably has the longest shelf-life.  Still, the N900
> will be more-or-less open and hackable hardware just like the N800, so
> continued development of other platforms will be based upon hobbyist
> interest, just like everything else.

	I will have to second this. I still have a 770, two n800's along with
my n810. Each one has brought new and different things to the table,
apparently not possible with the previous hardware. Each upgrade has
made my life easier as well. While I use my n810 exclusively, all of the
others get used regularly for one use or another. In the case of the
770, it's loaded with games for the kids. One of the n800's is my backup
in case I break my n810.
Best Regards,
--
Peter Bart <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>