Re: N900/Maemo 5 review

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Cassio Gomes<gomespr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I´m worried about the elder versions, like N8x0, that became very popular in
> Brazil.
> Will Maemo 5 support 'em and bring us more development teams, doin' basic
> useful stuff like a text editor and makin' N8x0 better?
> Now, I see it as a great gadget, but it´s too limited due the lack of
> softwares made especially for Maemo's.
>
> ___
> Cássio Gomes de Alencar
> Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach  - "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

No, and when Maemo X comes along, they'll be abandoning N900 owners
just like they _already_ have N770 and N8x0 owners. Once they leave
the factory, any further software development for the tablets is left
up to "the community"...

And "The community" is already abandoning Maemo in faver of Mer... The
problem with FOSS (and especially "open" hardware) developers is that
they can never make up their minds and stick with one thing long
enough to actually finish it. The next great thing comes along and
everybody jumps on that bandwagon.

Mark