Mer hang due to GPE-todo

I installed GPE-Todo to look it over and now every time I boot into Mer
I get an error notice that the todo database for gpe cannot be found.

I click OK to the error notice and then the screen just goes to the
default mer background and all else disappears. Oh, there is a mouse
pointer left.

I have seen a few references to this problem, but cannot find a cure.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

			Thanks
			Sean