Claws-mail problems deleting messages

Does anyone use Claws-mail on an N800/OS2008? I have been using it to
get mail from several accounts with IMAP4 while travelling, and it has
been excellent until the last update some months ago.

Since then, I can't find out how to delete a message: the behaviour has
changed completely. If I tap on a message line in the folder view, and
click the trashcan icon, the message line turns blue, and it gets
marked. But picking the menu item Message|Move to Wastebasket doesn't do
anything, and certainly doesn't delete it, and "Delete" isn't in the menu!

Worse, trying to delete (or mark) additional messages in the same folder
brings up a pop-up saying that there are some messages already marked,
and do I want to "process" them (whatever that means). Regardless of
whether you tap Yes or NO, nothing happens, and the messages stay there.

How do you actually get rid of a message? Permanently.

///Peter