Re: Fwd: mer users?

David Greaves wrote:

> I wouldn't suggest this yet - dual-booting is a sane next step.
>
> David

That is what I did, the internal flash has Diablo, the internal card, Mer.

Mer looks interesting, and promising, but it is not ready for everyday
use. I would still try to use it more, but it suffers from the lack of
readily available applications to make it fun and somewhat useful for me.

I know that you can use the Ubuntu repositories but the average user
should have things showing up in the application manager.
That is what it is for.

There was a post somewhere that I have not been able to find again that
stated there were more repository apps available but there was an
intentional decision to keep the applications repository low so that Mer
itself could instead be tested.

Without the available applications to draw users, it seems somewhat more
of a task just to play with Mer itself. Applications will draw users,
and more application developers, and Mer itself would be tested as well.