Installing Mer

	I have an N800 running Diablo with a 32GB internal memory card and I am
thinking of installing Mer to the card, leaving Diablo on the internal
flash.
	I already went through the steps some time ago to partition the card
and copy Diablo onto it to have the extra memory available, it is of
course the default boot partition.
	Since the boot menu is already setup I am consider either of the
following options, if they can work.

1) Just boot Diablo off the internal flash and install Mer to the memory
card partition, overwriting what is already setup on the card.
I figure I just run the Mer installer, since the boot menu is already in
place.

2) Get another memory card, partition it like the current, and again
just run the Mer installer since the boot menu is already setup.
With this method I could just swap the internal card for which OS I want
to boot.

3) Repartition the current 32GB memory card and split it between Mer and
Diablo. But to be honest I do not really want two versions of Diablo and
then one of Mer, and a longer boot menu. Messy!

I am leaning on the idea of option 1, what do others he think of these
ideas?
Would the overwrite idea work?