Re: Installing Mer

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 3:25 PM, David Greaves<david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fernando Cassia wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM, sean<tech.junk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>        I have an N800 running Diablo with a 32GB internal memory card and I am
>>> thinking of installing Mer to the card,
>> What is the minimum SD card size to install Mer ?
>>
>> It's funny but nowhere on the project page I can find the system
>> requirements, particularly storage...
>
> http://wiki.maemo.org/Mer/About
>
> Frequently Asked Questions
> *  Can I install it on an internal/external SD card? (how big?)
>
> Yes! It needs about 1Gb of space. The simplest thing is to use an empty 2Gb card.
>
> :D

Sorry, I missed that. Thanks for the quick reply.

> It's a wiki BTW - if you find things confusing then please help. Sometimes we're
> so close to a project it's hard to see it as a newcomer.

Yes, please change the first line to read "Mer is a new operating
system for small, mobile touch-screen devices. IT FITS ON 2 2GB SD
CARD".

:o)

The FAQ is too far down.

Clearly a FAQ should be a different page from About.

And I have no problem contributing to a Wiki, what ticks me off is
registering over and over and over again for each separate wiki. The
wikisphere should design something similar to OpenID. Hey, why not
enable OpenID? Hence if I have an AIM or GMail account, I can log-in
without re-registering...

Of course, I could have registered by now in the time it takes me to
write this reply, but as someone once said "computer geeks are people
who can spend a couple of days to code something that saves 4
seconds".

FC