RE: Maemo Flasher-3.5 Tool Beta for Fremantle and Diablo released

Hi,

[jot] some answers below...

From: ext gary liquid [mailto:liquid@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 01 July, 2009 15:58
To: Ryan Abel
Cc: Tikka Jarmo (Nokia-D/Helsinki); maemo-users@xxxxxxxxx; maemo-developers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Maemo Flasher-3.5 Tool Beta for Fremantle and Diablo released

is it possible to do tablet->tablet flashing?

(serious question)

[jot]  I think it is not possible because Tablet USB port drivers do not support it but I am not sure. What is possible is to use /usr/sbin/fiasco_flasher available from Tablet to flash images from mmc card.

most of us now have more than one device and since not all of us have linux or windows available (hiya GA), having a native solution would be a possible quicker workaround

[jot] The easies way to do flashing we be from PC but maybe it would be enough for you to flash from inside Tablet. BTW no quarantine this will work as I have not tested this myself.

Cheers,
//Jarmo

gary