Re: Rumor mill: Maemo 5 device

Dr. Nicholas Shaw a écrit :
>  From my perspective, I have no problems combining as long as the screen
> size isn't reduced.  I like a big screen for spreadsheets, etc. but
> don't want to get something as large as the Sony Vaio (which I bought
> for my wife).  I currently have the N800 (bought it when it first came
> out) and N810 (which I bought around this time last year).  I'm happy
> with the 810 but would consider something else if the Internet speed
> were faster, the processor faster, and there's more internal memory.

This is also my point of view.

While a Maomo phone with a reduced size is certainly a good idea to
bring Maemo to a new audience, I hope that the next Internet Tablet will
have a size between the N800 and the N810, but with a screen that use
all the surface. Bigger screen make the experience more enjoyable in
every aspect.

Photos and movies will look better. Reading will be easier. And a new
task switching schema that allow the applications the be all the time
full screen is also a very good point to efficiently use the screen.

Personally I expect the next Internet Tablet to be usable as a phone.
The greatest gadget it can have is a bluetooth headset pluggable into
the case like the stylus is. This will definitively cover absolutely all
my current needs. But I understand that this is a engineering nightmare
to make a such thing. :-)

Regards,

Jean-Christian de Rivaz