Re: Multi-select

From: Peter Flynn <peter.flynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Just out of curiosity, is there a way to multi-select from a list (eg
> the App Mgr Installable Apps list) using the screen and stylus, or do I
> have to attach my keyboard?

Are you talking about the current Diablo? Or the upcoming Fremantle?

On Fremantle:

If one list (using a treeview) has multiple selection, you should be able to
"multi-select" using only the screen and stylus. With multi selection, you can
see a "check" icon on the right side of the selected item(s).

I suppose that if you talk about attach the keyboard, you are asking if you
need that in order to use the Ctrl or the Shift. As I just said, this is not
required, and you should be able to do that.

Anyway, is the application developer the one that sets if a list has single
or multi selection. So if your problem is that you are using a specific app
(you are talking about App Mgr) and you expect to be able to multi-select, but
you are not able to, probably this is because the developer implement that
using single selection, and not a "missing keyboard" problem.

<maemo-developer>

Only FYI, although the following text is more suitable for maemo-developer.

If you (anyone) are using directly a gtktreeview, you can change from single
to multiple-selection using:
http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/beta/gtk/GtkTreeSelection.html#gtk-tree-selection-set-mode

If you are using a HildonTouchSelector, this is wrapped with the following func:
http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/beta/hildon/HildonTouchSelector.html#hildon-touch-selector-set-column-selection-mode

At hildon/examples there two examples you can look at:

hildon-pannable-area-touch-list-example: a example that show the differences using
                                         a treeview on fremantle

hildon-touch-selector-example: a simple example of the hildon-touch-selector using
                               multi-selection.

</maemo-developer>

===
API (apinheiro@xxxxxxxxxx)