Re: N810 for $180

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Mark <wolfmane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Kevin T.
Neely<ktneely@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Note that the Palm Pre came out before the SDK was even readily available.
> I'm not sure the SDK is a good metric.

You're comparing apples with oranges. The Palm Pre already has a
complete PIM etc. as well as a suite of other finished apps right out
of the box, and is intended specifically for consumers, not
developers. Therefore, it will sell and is useful right out of the
box. That is in sharp contrast to a device that needs to have a stable
SDK well before its release in order to generate hype with the
developers who will be buying it.

I'm doing nothing of the kind.  I took your metric: the SDK and simply compared the two of them. Also, Mark is once again doing his famous argument which is bring up one thing and then ignore it later.  He says the IT is not for the end user and only for developers, then complains that it does not have a mature and robust PIM system (something I have yet to be convinced that it needs, but that is another discussion).

You can place one in the 'cons' column, but not both.  No double-dipping allowed!

In Vino Veritas
http://rubbernecking.info