Re: Looking for gps logger for n810

Tim Ashman wrote:
> On Sunday 29 March 2009 10:25:13 am Christoph Eckert wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>>> Another question.  I can't seem to add POI's  In maemo mapper.   Is there
>>> another tool that can create a POI from within mapper.
>>>
>> at least there's track => add marker. But the feature seems to be broken
>> anyway:
>> https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2602&group_id=29
>> &atid=185
>>
>> I do not know of any other application that can record waypoints (and I'm
>> currently playing with some pymaemo code as I'm looking for such a feature
>> as well :).
>>
>> HTH & best regards,
>>
>> ce
>>

> Ok, I'll just have to keep track manually.
>
> thanks again
>
> tim

Waypoints and track points are not the same thing. Maemo Mapper keeps
automatic track logs just fine. Waypoints/POIs can be entered by just
tap-holding and in the resulting menu click on Tap Point->Add POI... You
can then change/adjust the coordinates if needed or even enter
coordinates somewhere else completely.  That's an easy way to enter
custom POIs for any location you choose. RoadMap works similarly.

If you're talking about downloading general POIs for an area, Maemo
Mapper does a pretty good job of that as well. First select the types
you want in main menu->POI->Categories... Then go to main
menu->POI->Download... You can also import POIs from files.

If you really mean that you want to record tracks as waypoints rather
than track points, that's another story. I don't know of any application
at all, even for PC, that will do that. It shouldn't be difficult to
convert them, though, especially if you are importing the track logs
into some other software.

Mark