Re: init.d scripts too picky

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> So, I finally got my first N810 back from repairs (turns out it was
> fixed months ago, but nobody bothered to give me a call/send an email)
> and it was time to install all OS upgrades.
FYI, in the past few months, (starting around the first of the year?)
there's been an effort to migrate various catalogues and repos to the
Maemo servers to help stability (or something like that).  As part of
this process, things have got a bit goofed up for some apps for folks
like yourself who have been 'out of the loop'.

You're in a "one small step back to make two steps forward" sort of
situation.

 Along these lines, it's probably best to uninstall and reinstall
various apps to get everything current as it's too easy to end up with
'blends' of old and new repos messing up things.  Once everything,
including apps, are updated, stability seems to be pretty good, better
than before -- at least for the stuff I'm using.