Re: Maemo-mapper and Google Satellite

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:21:51PM -0700, Andrew Daviel wrote:
> Recently, maemo mapper won't download Google Satellite images for me.
> Existing tiles in the database are OK. I rebuilt the database but no joy.
> Tcpdump says the tile requests are getting 404 not found.
>
> Did Google change something to keep us out,

This has happened in the past.  I doubt it was intentional, just an
internal Google Maps update that changed the URL syntax somewhat.

Firebug is convenient for seeing the URLs of the individual tiles in
your browser.  You could then compare them to your Maemo Mapper
configuration.

> or is it just some unrelated
> upgrade that broke Mapper ?

If other kinds of maps work, then that's unlikely.

> The other satellite views are OK, but I believe not such good resolution.

Marius Gedminas
--
An NT server can be run by an idiot, and usually is.