Re: 3G + iphone - not so fast

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 22:11 +0000, Matt Emson wrote:
> HSDPA (3.5G)? Also, was this comparing 3G to EVDO? In the UK, all the
> 3G that O2 provides is HSDPA and it is blazingly fast.
>
> No offence to the people in the States, but your GSM network is in the
> stone age. I'd def go for EVDO if I was in the States.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

	None taken. Our pricing structure on the other hand seems to be quite
current and very related to being shaken down. I still don't get the
handset only data plans vs the tethering plans. Isn't data just data, no
matter where it's sent from? Of course if I tether I am not required to
go through my carriers portal. I'm still not coughing up another $60 on
top of my voice plan. I'd still like to figure out a way to use my
handset to dial my included dialup internet access.

Best Regards,
--
Peter Bart <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Peter The Plumber