service plan pricing. In the process I learned that the iphone does NOT
support tethering (via bluetooth or otherwise) of other devices to it
for the purpose of Internet access for such other devices. Furthermore I
learned that ATT, like Verizon Wireless, has 2 choices of data plans for
those devices that DO support tethering as explained to me by their
salesperson. These choices are

    1. Device only Internet access                               $30
    US/month

    2. #1 above + Device Tethering capability          $60 US/month^1
    (there is a limit of 5gb/month put on this)

ATT also has a data only plan for users who just want to use a USB or
Cardbus adapter for mobile Internet access for their PC or other device.
The monthly charge for that plan, called "Data Connect" is $60/month
also with a 5gb limit but with overage charges for use beyond the 5
gb/month.

I should note that the $60 US/month for  pricing plan #2 above from ATT
compares with a price of $44.99 US/month^2 from Verizon which has the
same 5gb monthly limit (stated in its fine print), a ~$15 US/month price
difference in favor of Verizon Wireless vs ATT.

--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks, LLC