Re: Nokia device usage

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Andrew Daviel <advax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If Maemo Mapper would use the *vector* OSM data
>
> Navit. Well, that reads Garmin vector data. Yes, it would be nice if
> Maemo Mapper folded in the Navit code.

I've used Navit, but gave up after the last update broke it to the
point that I was never able to get it running again. Even when it was
working, the precompiled "world" OSM map was apparently from extremely
ancient data and there were hardly any roads in my area. I just
checked and apparently there's been a lot of work done on it since I
last tried, so I may give it another go.

Mark