Re: Nokia device usage

Hi,

2009/3/4, Ognen Duzlevski <ognen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I am curious to find out what people use their Nokias for. If anyone
> could share their usage patterns, it would be appreciated.

I like reading eBooks on the device. FBreader and liqbase (for
text-file books) are great applications for this task. Reading books
with liqbase is very comfortable IMHO.

My N810 also serves as a GPS navigation device in the car, when I'm in
need of navigation. This doesn't happen too often, so I don't see the
point of buying a dedicated navi for this. I'm still using my old
Navicore 2007 license for Wayfinder. But I don't think that I'll
prolong the software license once it expires.
The other use of my N810 in the car is as a media player connected to
an FM transmitter. I use MediaBox as a media player, because it is
very easy to control in car.
I also use MediaBox as my media player when not in car and use it to
listen to news on the FM radio on the N800.

Another usage pattern is a little web browsing, when I don't have a PC
near me or don't feel like pulling out my netbook. When there's no
WiFi, I tether the tablet via Bluetooth to my phone, and surf via EDGE
(my data plan has 200 MB free per month).

That's about it. I'm not using many applications on the tablet, but I
wouldn't want to miss it either, because for what I'm using it I found
it to be a really good device.

Cheers,
Martin