Re: FYI - Gizmo (SIP) to Skype gateway

Hi,

Andrew Daviel wrote:
> If you didn't see this ...
>
> Now that I think about it, I believe both Gizmo and Skype applications
> bundled with the N810 are teasers to download the real application. I'm
> not sure which works better; I've not really tried either "for real".
> Gizom has video calling, while Skype did not last I tried.

While we're promoting commercial applications on the list... ;)

Let me also point people to QuteCom, a QT application which is cross
platform, free software, and provides IM, voice and video calls over IP.
It's a standard SIP phone with support for SIP SIMPLE, upcoming support
for server-side presence and contacts storage via XCAP, an (unofficial)
implementation of P2P SIP, and more.

A worthy free software project that is crying out for a port to Maemo,
now that Qt is coming to the platform...

And as a standard SIP application, you could even use it with Gizmo's
SIP service, and use OpenSky through it too.

Cheers,
Dave.

(Disclosure: I used to work on this project when it was called
OpenWengo, I'm still subscribed to their devel list and follow new
developments, and have a corner of my heart which still loves this app)

--
maemo.org docsmaster
Email: dneary@xxxxxxxxx