Re: New battery?

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 12:41:00PM -0500, Laura Conrad wrote:

>     Eero> Maybe your memory card FAT file system is corrupted[1] and because
>     Eero> of this the device has made it read-only?
>
> This sounded really plausible, because at the time I got your message
> I had in fact found the file system corrupted only a few days before.
> I thought I'd had the hang since I reformatted the card, but I wasn't
> sure, so I waited to answer.
>
> Yesterday it hung twice.  I haven't consciously written to the card
> since copying the directory with all my books in it right after the
> reformat.  So if it's corrupt again, that means I should change
> something.

I don't remember what 'hung' means in this context, but sometimes this
may mean the SD card is not seated properly.  Opening the cover, pushing
it in deeper and closing the cover may fix things.

> Does FBReader write to the card (or try to) if it's reading a book off
> the card?

No.

Marius Gedminas
--
"What's the name of the new OO COBOL -- an equivalent of C++?"
"ADD 1 TO COBOL GIVING COBOL"