Re: New battery?

    Peter> 	I'm not sure whether it's battery related or not, but
    Peter> I have a few tips that may help. Do you have virtual memory
    Peter> enabled?

No.  I just tried enabling it, and it said "unable to create virtual
memory".

    Peter> Use the application manager to check whether there are any
    Peter> updates to be had <application manager> <check for
    Peter> updates>.

no updates available.

    Peter> updates>Mine refeshes automatically, you can also use the
    Peter> application manager menu to do that <tools> <refresh
    Peter> application list>.

Since I mostly use it to read books, I prefer not to connect
automatically, so that the battery usage is lower.  Or does the
automatic refresh only happen automatically when you connect manually?

    Peter> To help some of the more knowledgeable people on the list,
    Peter> post the firmware version you're using <control
    panel> <about product>.

4.2008.7-1

    panel> Also the FBreader software version, from
    Peter> FBreader menu <library> <about fbreader>.

0.8.17

    Peter> I assume you are not running anything else at the same
    Peter> time; such as home screen applets or other programs; but
    Peter> please clarify that point.

As far as I know, not.  It's not telling me the weather or anything
like that.  I did manage to get the time set when my watch needed a
new battery, but that's not a the kind of applet you mean, is it?

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@xxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

I missed "The West Wing" every day and the people I worked with.  And
I missed putting on a show every week.  What I didn't miss was the
feeling of constantly having a term paper due.

Aaron Sorkin