Re: Problem using ssh on N800

Well I'm stumped, the only suggestion I have left is log int the Nokia from an X-Windows locally and run: "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade; apt-get dist-upgrade" and see if that helps. If not, you may have to re-flash and see if that helps. If re-flashing helps, then load your apps back one or two at a time and see which one breaks SSH.

I hate to tell you to re-flash, but some apps I've found break the Nokia so bad it's the only real way to recover.

Denis

--------------------------------------
sik vis paw kem, para bellum
--------------------------------------
oderint dum metuant
--------------------------------------
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" -LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Martin Collins <maemou@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:53 AM, Denis Dimick <dgdimick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Two things, and I'm betting I could be wrong:
>
> 1. Your listening on port 22 as well as 2222?

Yes I listen on both, I added 2222 for connections from the internet.

> 2. Try adding this to /etc/sshd_config
>
> ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes
> UsePAM yes

Already had UsePAM yes, set the other explicitly but no change.

> Have you been able to login to the server from any other host, or are you
> only trying with your Nokia?

I can log in from another desktop and my 770 (which is running ssh 3.8p1).

Martin