Control digital camera ?

Is there gphoto2 or similar PTP code for the N810 ?

I have a Canon Powershot SX100IS camera which one can control via USB.
It would be nice to use the tablet as a trigger if doing long exposures
on a tripod. My old SLR had a mechanical trigger port to screw in a cable
or pneumatic trigger to avoid camera shake when pushing the shutter
release, but the digital camera has only USB.

Of course, I suspect that the camera USB power requirement exceeds the
power budget on the tablet, so I'd need a powered hub, hence external
power and more cables, so might as well just use a regular laptop.
AA-battery powered hub, anyone ?

If I just wanted to get photos off, it might be easier to use a micro-SD
card with SD adapter in the camera, then switch to a mini-SD adapter in
the tablet. Yuk. Or I should have bought a wireless-capable camera.
But it would be nice to be able to email or upload photos on the road
with only the tablet.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada