[Fwd: Re: Claws Mail won't start]

Posted on the list where it belongs.
-------- Forwarded Message --------> From: Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> To: peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: Claws Mail won't start> Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 01:48:16 -0500> > On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 19:15 -0500, Peter Bart wrote:> > 	Is the card read only? Claws will fail silently if it can't write to> > where the actual mailboxes are. What kind of output do you get when> > starting Claws from xterm? > > > > > > > Claws worked just fine booting from the external card. It's just> > > > in the last few weeks that it stopped working.> > > > 	That doesn't really tell us anything. What firmware version are you> > running. What procedure did you use to boot from the memory card? What> > sort of output do you get from xterm? Is Claws installed on the memory> > card as well? Where does Claws store it's mailboxes? What sort of> > programs/updates did you install in the last few weeks?> > > > Best Regards,> > If the card were read only, not much would have worked in the last 6> months. And as I said previously (several times), Claws used to work> just a couple of weeks ago. The procedure for booting from the internal> memory or external memory card is available at http://penguinbait.com/.> Everything works just like when it boots from the flash memory - there> is just more room. I don't think this has anything to do with why claws> (and claws alone) has recently stopped working.> > I also said I was using the latest version of Diablo which has> everything updated. "uname -r" shows 2.6.21-omap1. (It's no longer> necessary to update the firmware by flashing.) I also said that when I> run claws-mail from an X terminal, no errors or warnings show up - but> also no process exists. It fails without any messages. Everything else> on the tablet works (the browser, camera, canola, abiword (both maemo> and debian), gnumeric, debian applications and desktop, via debian> chroot, etc., etc.) - only claws has stopped - even though all the> latest claws updates have been installed (via the application manager).> > I'm not sure what else to try.> > Rick B.
-- Peter Bart <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Peter The Plumber