Re: Missing vim features in Maemo Extras

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Marius Gedminas <marius@xxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> Do you perhaps know how to get mud-builder to apply a series of patches
> to a tarball?

Yup. There's a lifecycle allowing you to expand the downloaded
tarball, make any changes you want, and then create a patch file:

    http://mud-builder.garage.maemo.org/docs/creating.html

Ideally, I'd like to restructure mud to use quilt for package
management and a number of other enhancements. Anybody who wants to
assist (and I don't care if it changes from being in Perl!), there're
some notes here:

    http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jaffa/mud_design

>> > While at it, it might be worthwhile to switch the upstream tarball URL
>> > to point to vim-7.2.tar.bz2.  It has a couple of hundred bugfixes since
>> > 7.0 was released.
>>
>> No problem. Of course, patches to the mud file would be welcome ;-)
>
> Attached.

Ta. Working on this now. I'll try to avoid getting distracted by
tooling issues and instead focus on delivering a new vim package.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxx  |  http://www.bleb.org/