RoadMap not recognizing maps

Anybody else using RoadMap? I'm having trouble getting it to display
maps that I've just downloaded. At first it happened intermittently.
Then, it would display ones I had just downloaded until I rebooted and
then give the error "no maps within xxx of (gps location)". Now it
gives that error even if I've just downloaded maps based on the gps
location. I can even watch it adding files to the maps directory, but
it doesn't find or display them.

Mark