Re: Cannot install canola2-flickr-plugin 0.1.0 because it requires Canola 2.0.0-beta10

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 21.12.2008, 13:42 +0100 schrieb Andrea Grandi:
> I think there is an error in this package dependencies. If you try to
> install canola2-flickr-plugin 0.1.0, Application Manager says it
> cannot be installed because it requires Canola 2.0.0-beta10, and this
> is not available yet.

Hmm, it seems that the error message may be misleading, in fact it
conflicts with canola2 beta10 because it is built for beta9 and will not
work with beta10 without a small change in the buildsystem.

I had to upload the version which is intended for beta9 to extras-devel
and this way intentionally break the plugin for users of extras-devel
(which has a more or less broken version of canola2 beta10), because it
is not possible to do uploads to extras directly.

I had the hope that not many people are using the (partly) broken
canola2 beta10 from extras-devel anymore, because the INdT guys are
recommending to remove this one and use beta9 from extras instead. (see:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25015)

> Any way to fix this?

I will upload a version for canola2 beta10 in a few minutes, so you can
use it with an enabled extras-devel repository.

Regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Schmidt, Debian VDR Team