Re: Abiword

Dr. Nicholas Shaw wrote:
> Hmmm... Interesting.  Abiword was in my catalog and is installed on my 810
> (running Diablo).  The current version is 2.6.4.  I've had no problems.

Weird. Not there now anyway. It goes straight from A-GPS to Abuse.

Dave Neary wrote:
 > Abiword's in a separate repository listed on Gronmayer:

http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.php?lang=en&system=maemo3&sort=hits&show_pck=101

Unfortunately if you go to that page and click on the "Click to Install"
button, you get the error message (on the N800) "Unable to install
(null). In compatible application package".

As this claims to be a "package install" I'm not clear what's wrong with
it, but it's very obviously broken.

 > http://www.abisource.com/downloads/apt

Does anyone know why Abiword's own site has no mention of the Nokia port?

 > I don't know why it hasn't been submitted to maemo.org/downloads, I'm
 > afraid.

I'd guess because it's broken.

If anyone has a working .deb I'd be grateful to know.

///Peter