Re: the hell of Maemo repos

On Nov 21, 2008, at 7:15 PM, Shivkumar Chandrasekaran wrote:

>> I always have to make a minimum of three
>>> attempts to
>>> update the package lists before it finally goes through.
>
>> Then something's wrong with your internet, your tablet, or wrong with
>> the repositories you've added to your catalog. I haven't had a failed
>> refresh in a long time.
>
> This happens to me all the time too on my 770. So I have kept
> upgrading
> my OS. Now I am on the latest hacker's edition for 770 and I still
> keep
> running into it. It could be a problem on my end, but this happens
> consistently on 3 different networks, so I wonder if the problem is
> with
> the 770.

Check the repositories you have in your catalog, the likely story is
that one of them is gone for good.

Actually, the Application Manager lies. Even though it says the old
list is still being used, it actually means that the old list is still
being used for the repositories that failed to refresh. The
repositories that did refresh successfully will have the updates
catalogs.

--
Ryan Abel
Maemo Community Council chair