Re: the hell of Maemo repos

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Andre Klapper <aklapper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 21.11.2008, 20:10 +0100 schrieb sebastian maemo:
>> 2008/11/21 Dave Neary <dneary@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>>         First, there is no excuse for this personal attack.
>>
>> Personal attack?... Excuse me, Dave, but personal attack is what you
>> are doing to me! So be careful with what you say, please.
>
> Your sentence "Come on, Quim... what good excuse are you going to tell
> us now...?" looks attacking to me too.

This is because of the rather clear history of excuses being made in
response to issues rather than the issues being actually dealt with
realistically. Like the ones you're making now...

> You imply that your issue is
> Quim's or Nokia's responsibility, while it's clearly not.

Huh? The last time I checked, my N800 had the name Nokia plastered all
over it. Maybe I should grind it off? Quim seems to be the voice of
Nokia on this list, ergo addressing an issue to him. It's obvious that
Nokia wants to divorce itself from any responsibility for these
devices by sloughing off all support to the "maemo community", but
they're living in a dream world if they think that's even possible,
much less advisable.

> Actually reading the "shut down, due to request of maemo.org's
> webmaster" sentence you have posted and comparing the last part to the
> string "Marketing Manager" can avoid such misunderstandings.
>
> andre
>
> --
> Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)

If it were worded "transferred to xxxxxxx repository to maintain
consistency and reduce the number of external repositories" (note the
use of past tense, meaning everything is already in place), then you
might have had a basis for argument. As it is, the process is
obviously far too disorganized and is begging for such problems -- and
complaints.

Mark