Re: the hell of Maemo repos

2008/11/21 Mark <wolfmane@xxxxxxxxx>
I get what you're saying, but remember that Nokia is in this for the

money, not for others' benefit or because it's the right thing to do.
That means "planned obsolescence" is in effect, as well as control (in
other words, *not* true FOSS) and other things...

I'm in the business too, so that I try to understand. But when you've been struggling to get things working in your Nokia Tablet... the least thing you expect is that all your system is in danger because a fatal move of some employee at Nokia. And if that happens I'm going to complain... as they would complain if they couldn't find spare pieces for their old Opel Kadett... Sorry but I still can buy razor blades for my even older Gillette Contour Plus!!!

Salut,
Sebas.