Re: Claws Mail Install Failure - libtasn1 missing - fixed

On Thursday 20 November 2008 15:29, Steve Polishinski wrote:
> On Thursday 20 November 2008 14:45, Andre Klapper wrote:
<SNIP>

> > Please manually install libtasn1-3 from Application Manager -> Browse
> > installable applications.
> > After that, try to install Claws Mail again.
> >
> > andre

<SNIP -- Adding the diablo catalog ... says Steve (me) >

> I'm still trying various combinations of other distribution and components
> parameters, and only "diablo/tools" and "free" ever result in a successful
> catalog updates in the App Manager.  Are these correct?

The magic config I found, starting with the "tablet" portion down the page...
http://maemo.org/development/documentation/programming_languages/

then use these parameters

web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras
distro:	diablo
components: free

Then I blew away my "claws mail catalog." It is not up to date, and I don't
know from what catalog, then, the claws email is being made available via...
perhaps the diablo just added...

> libtasn doesn't show up in "installed" via the app manager.

The library doesn't show up, still, but doesn't matter 'cause now the claws
mail install resolves dependencies just fine.  YMMV. There's lots of
libraries that are installed that don't show up at these level in the GUI.

Thanks for the help... I managed to get a few clues from you both to fix
things.

Thanks, Steve