Re: Projects Nokia should support (yours?)

Hi!

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Fred <Fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would VLC (http://www.videolan.org) be a good client ?
> There was a port for Maemo but it was underpowered.
> It has the capacity to be embedded and could be a very good all-purpose
> (all-codec) media player ...

  Perhaps this is one of the days when VLC developers regret the
decision to not synchronize/collaborate with GStreamer when GStreamer
was "there"? Since Nokia supports GStreamer for very obvious (to the
maemo community) reasons, supporting a competitor project wouldn't be
a very wise idea.

  DISCLAIMER: This is my very personal opinion and it may very well be wrong.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali Khattak
FSF member#5124