Re: Repeat quetion : Diablo update to OS2008HE ? (Was: Software Choices for New Nokia 770?)

El Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:35:17 +0000
"gary liquid" <liquid@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Shall we expect Nokia to simply cease development work and stop
> everything because they have users of a current generation who can't
> use the newer faster better way of doing something?
> Should Sony have remained at the playstation1 level because they had
> a lot of owners?

I can run the latest linux distribution on an almost 10 years old
computer, and I assure you that the distro
maker didn't stand still to cater for me. It's obviously slower than a
new computer but it's quite useable, I just turn off the most demanding
desktop effects and don't use it for 3d animation. Heck, I could even
use lxde instead of kde4 if I really cared about its slowness.
If I buy, say, a netbook, I'll lose the pocketability of the tablet
(and that's quite an important factor), but I know that 10 years from
now I'll probably be able to use it (if it lasts, which I doubt, since
most electronics nowadays are made to use and throw away in a matter of
months, yes, including the tablets) with the latest and greatest.

Bye
--
Luca