Re: disk space running short on /

Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running short of space on / (10 MB free) on my diablo N810 so I have
> to uninstall some apps to be able to install new apps (which otherwise
> fail leaving the system in an unknown state, not good).
>
> Is there a way to remove useless stuff (like translation, temporary
> downloads, etc...)? To safely (approved by Nokia) tell the system to put
> some system stuff to /media/mmc1 instead of /?

One nice thing about Linux, is that you can use symbolic links to move a
subdirectory to a different filesystem.  To do that, you create a new
directory on your SD-RAM card and then move the contents of the old
directory to is.  After that's done, you can create the symlink, so that
those files appear in the same location as before, even though they're
on a different device.