Re: USB keyboard on n800?

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 23:49:08 +0100, Matt Emson wrote:

> This should get you started...
>
> Get what the mode is currently set:
> cat /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/mode)
>
> Turn off the onscreen kbd:
> gconftool-2 -t bool -s /system/osso/af/keyboard-attached true
>
> Turn on the onscreen kbd - this is important as is sometimes doesn't
> happen -though it should: gconftool-2 -t bool -s
> /system/osso/af/keyboard-attached false
>
> Set host mode:
> echo host > /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/mode

Thus worked, and it recognized that I had plugged in a USB device.
Unfortunately, it indicated this by popping up a window saying "USB
device not supported".

This message goes away after a second or two.  If I keep my keyboard
plugged in and wait a little while, it pops up, "Unable to connect, no
file system available".  Well, it would surprise me if it thought my
keyboard had a file system.

(Although actually, it does have a file system.  It remembers what you've
typed in while disconnected, so it can type it in on autopilot when it is
connected later.  But I don't think it makes it available as a file
system over the USB port.

On my desktop Debian machine, it's recognized as an ordinary USB
keyboard.  So evidently, there's something else that has to be done.

- hendrik