Re: Which *class* of SDHC card to get?

In general, it's a good idea to get the fastest (in addition to
largest) card you can afford. Remember, these things can be used in
more than just your tablet, but even if they never get taken out once
they're inserted, you can't be sure to what uses you're going to put
them. A higher-speed card can make a big difference when
copying/transferring large or many files like lots of mp3s or videos,
and if you've enabled swap on your removable card, that could also be
an issue. Any applications that store/access large amounts of data on
your removable memory (like map/nav) will be happier with higher-speed
cards.

I can tell very little difference with "small" files - "burst" speeds
of even the slower SD cards can be amazingly high. It's situations
that require extended read/write operations that make the difference.

You may not plan to remove a card once you put it into your tablet,
but what happens when those 32Gb cards (and later on 64Gb, 128Gb,
etc.) become affordable (and sooner or later they will), and you
decide to use the old card in your mp3 player or camera? In my
experience, digital cameras are very sensitive to the speed of cards,
especially the larger ones. I hate having to wait 10 seconds between
shots or much longer than that when booting up. Even waiting for 8Gb
or 16Gb of mp3's to transfer to your card all at once will be less
painful with a faster card.

>From what I've seen, there isn't that much difference in price between
the different classes of cards if you shop around.

Mark