Re: Problems with RSS feed reader in Diablo

Hi,

ext Michael Conklin wrote:
> Yes and no - I can browse to the sites, and everything appears fine, plus
> they were 4 completely unrelated sites that all failed at the same time.
> Rebooting does not help. At about the time that the RSS feed stopped working
> I had uninstalled and reinstalled Boingo because I was having problems with
> that.  Another user suggested running maemo-summoner to see what error
> messages might show up and output from that indicates a GTK widget fails but
> I don't know if that is relevent or not.

I don't recall a bug like this.  Could you report it to
bugs.maemo.org and attach to the bug the contents of your
device "/home/user/.osso_rss_feed_reader/" directory?

If you mail the bug number to the list, others can then check
whether those RSS feed reader settings & cache trigger the same
issue for them.

You could also install "strace" according to instructions here:
	http://maemo.org/development/tools/

Check with that what RSS feed reader does when/after it gets stuck:
	strace -p $(pidof osso_rss_feed_reader|cut -d' ' -f1)

And attach that information to the bug too.

> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Eero Tamminen <eero.tamminen@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>>> I recently reflashed my N800 with Diablo on Saturday Sept 6th and my RSS
>>> posts and subscriptions continued to show. As of Sept 17th at 9:21 pm my
>>> tablet was able to update its RSS feeds for the last time. Since then all
>>> feeds are dead. When I try to update them I get an exclaimation point in
>>> the
>>> little RSS icon next to the feed and nothing changes. I thought I would
>>> try
>>> unsubscribing and then resubscribing to the feeds. I successfully
>>> unsubscribed, but when I attempt to subscribe again the application just
>>> freezes.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else experienced anything like this or do you have any
>>> suggestions.
>>>
>> You can connect with the device browser to the site providing the feed
>> etc?  (i.e. networking and the sites themselves work?)
>>
>> If you reboot the device, does that affect anything?

	 - Eero