Diable/Modest - No delete from server solution

So I've been trying to use modest without the ability to selectively delete
messages off of the server.  I've given up.  Here is the solution and
reasons. My only reason for posting this is to hopefully let the modest guys
know how important this feature is.  I plan on filling an enhancement
request.

1. I tried to just use modest leaving the messages on the server,  then
downloading them again on average about every three days on my home machine.
I just got stand that I have to manage the messages a second time.

2. Since my provider doesn't support imap I decided modest just isn't going to
work.  Claws mail has the same problem, no selective delete from server for
POP3.

3. So, now I am using my providers webmail interface on the nokia and just
leaving it open all the time.  The provider's interface allows an automatic
refresh setting so the mail inbox is still "updated" on a regular basis.

4. I don't get the flashing email light or lower left indication,  bummer
number 1.

5. Modest STILL loads even though I have deleted all accounts, and turned off
automatic check for mail.  I checked the modest bug tracker and this is a
reported bug.  I'm so disgusted with Nokia for one for switching the email
client and for whatever is causing modest to not only reload about every 5
minutes but stay in memory even though I have no accounts setup and no auto
retrieve setup.  Major bummer #2

6. So I tried the following.  Remove the .modest user folder -->  Modest
recreates an empty structure everytime it reloads and it continues to reload
if I kill it via the process list.  Bummer #3

7.  I then set the rights to the .modest directory to  555 instead of 755
using sudo.  This changed modests behavior but still isn't great.  Now modest
will load the first time I connect to any wifi hotspot, but if I kill it in
the process list it doesn't try to start again, which is atleast better than
my 6 above.

So basically not only is modest completely useless to me, it is now beyond
that and annoying and a memory hog even thou I'm not even using it.

If anyone knows of a third email client for the n810 that supports the delete
off server selective option I'd love to know.  I looked at the modest bug
tracker and I don't think they will be fixing the reload bug anytime soon as
everyone is still arguing over whether or not it is even a bug, It is and it
is annoying

So nokia/Modest teams can we have the old email back as an option.  It
actually worked.  I feel that if the webmail interface doesn't work for me
either I may reflash back to chinook for the forseeable future.  That would
be bummer #4 if I choose that option.

tim