Re: Diablo's Modest/Email

Am Montag, den 08.09.2008, 06:22 -0700 schrieb Tim Ashman:
> My first choice at this point would be to just be able to install the older
> email and ditch modest.

I don't think that osso-email has been ported to Diablo.
Nobody works on osso-email anymore.

> 1.  No option to delete the message off of the server when deleting.  I don't
> want to "remove" the message from the server when I download them on the n810
> but I want the option and normally will delete the messages from the server
> when I delete them from the n810, however for the 10 messages each week that
> I receive I want to save them on the server.  I don't want to do imap.

AFAIK that's a limitation of the POP specification. Any apps providing
this functionality have ugly hacks. IMAP is what you want to use.

> 2. I use multiple email accountings on my n810.  The old email allowed me to
> have them all show up in the same inbox where I could simply read, reply with
> the correct return and delete.  Very efficient!  Now I have three separate
> inboxes and have to switch back and forth all of the time.  This drives me
> nuts and seems very stupid.  Can I make a folder and use filters or some sort
> of client side script to just move them all into once folder?

Forward them to your main account?
Funny, for GNOME Evolution people complain all the time that they cannot
have seperate inboxes for several POP accounts. :)

> 3.  The email notification doesn't work reliably on my unit.  I get the
> blinking led in the upper left corner, but as soon as I wake up the unit and
> the display comes on the blinking stops and the blinking that use to be in
> the lower bottom icon isn't there so now I can't see what email accounting
> triggered the blink and I can't see the message.  Is this a bug or something
> I have setup wrong.

Are you running the latest version 4.2008.30-2 (Control Panel > General
> About product)? And I don't understand your description completely...
Please file a bug at https://bugs.maemo.org and provide exact steps to
reproduce.

andre
--