Re: Out of memory for updates on N810

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 17:14 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > It's not clear whether the debian package will work with a 4GB
> > card.
>
> not sure what "debian package" means in this context, but my device boots from
> a 4GB card.
>
> Best regards,
>
> ce
> __________

Penguinbait created a debian package to automate cloning the flash
installation onto the external memory card (and add a boot menu to
select what to boot from). On the web page it says that the package is
designed to do this with a 2gb card and has an ambiguous message about
whether it will or won't work with cards of other sizes for the N810.
Initially I tried cloning to the 4gb card and it didn't seem to work. I
guess I was just one reboot away from it working. (The process often
involves several reboots.) When I put the 4gb card back in, it booted
perfectly from the 4gb card. Possibly the web page needs to be
corrected.

Rick B.