Re: Removing excess packages after Diablo upgrade

"ext Ryan Abel" <rabelg5@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> A better option might be to just remove the osso-software-version-rx34
>> (or -rx44) package and update 'manually' with "apt-get upgrade" etc from
>> then on.
>
> Bad plan, apt-get upgrade resulted in reboot lo and general
> brokennessops for quite a few people who tried it with
> osso-software-version installed for this last round of updates.out

I think the plan is good, it's just that we have to fix things to make
it work.

I will try to investigate a bit to see how broken things actually are.
(I mainly suspect broken 'essentials' declarations to cause dist-upgrade
to remove important packages by accident, etc.)