Re: USBcontrol on N810

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 12:55 -0400, Mike Sherman wrote:
> COURTAUD Didier <didier.courtaud@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >I had the same problem on my N810 ans I solved it this way :
> >
> >- check if maemo-control-usb is installed on your N810
> >- if yes desintall maemo-control-usb and usbcontrol
> >- then reinstall usbcontrol then maemo-control-usb
> >
> >I made this two or three times and finally it works !
>
> I tried this 2 or 3 times, once with a reboot after the
> uninstalls, and it didn't seem to work.
>
> >I has also the same problem with gpe-sudoku that I solved by
> >desinstalling and reinstalling it.
> >
> >I think it is a problem of librari dependencies
>
> That's what I'm guessing too.  Just have to figure out
> which one is the problem.
>
> >Hope it can help
>
> I'll keep trying.
>
> >Didier Courtaud
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike
>
> >Mike Sherman a ?crit :
> >> Hello,
> >> I tried to install the usbcontrol on my N810 and the package
> >> manager gives me this error:
> >>
> >> "Unable to install usbcontrol.
> >> Incompatible application package."

>   Mike Sherman	                          <mike.sherman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I tried following the original advice to uninstall maemo-control-usb and
re-install with usbcontrol but uninstalling maemo-control-usb required
uninstalling 2008 features (don't recall exact package name) and several
other packages. I'm running Diablo and all I did was to install usbhost
(search on maemo.org download page for "usb"). Once I did that, I could
then attach flash drives, keyboards, etc. I don't think usbcontrol will
install or work under Diablo. (usbcontrol worked when I used Chinook.)

Rick B.